GOOD LOOKS - Christmas Table Inspiration

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

christmas tablescapes

Even though we are having Christmas in summery Cape Town, I spotted these gorgeous photos on Apartment Therapy, and I am so inspired to do something similar for my Christmas Lunch tablescape - albeit possibly not so wintery...

GOOD THINGS I LIKE:
1. Most of the tables have a "garland" of greenery down the centre, so I am definitely going to look to do something similar.
2.  Together with the greenery, I spotted pine cones, berries and even real fruit - so keen to add in something too.
3. It seems gold plate chargers are a must - (better get JHB to send some down to the CT shop for me). If you are in JHB you can hire these from our store for only R5 a piece. And I bought myself a Christmas pressie - gold cutlery!
4. Most of the tables in the photos don't have table linen or only a runner down the centre - it seems hessian or linen ones are popular. But as my wooden table is brand new I had my mom sew up a dark navy tablecloth and I found some plaid napkins overseas. (Check out our runners here for hire).
5. Last but not least, candles are a must and I think I am going to try and get some copper ones - fingers crossed @home or Mr Price Home have - thank goodness I was able to get some of these - but I think I need to get more...





0 comments:

You are In Good Company All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger